Special Education Services
The Coconino County Education Services Agency offers the following services to public and charter schools:
- School Psychology
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Special Education Teacher
- Special Education Director
- Special Educations Consultative Services (Policy, Procedure and Practice)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Homebound General Education
- PREPaRE: Crisis Plan Development and Crisis Team Training (NASP PREPaRE Curriculum)
- Low incidence assessments to include:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder using the ADOS-2
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Special Education Referral, Child Study Team Process to include:
- Response to Intervention (RTI), or
- Multi-Tier System of Supports and Services (MTSS)
School Psychology includes screening, assessment, and psychoeducational report.
Speech Therapy includes screening, assessments, reporting, and IEP-related service implementation.
Licensed Mental Health Therapy may include individual and group treatment.
Homebound General Education Teachers provide at least four hours of instruction per week based on student need.
PREPaRE is a school crisis prevention and intervention training curriculum developed by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) to help schools improve and strengthen their school safety and crisis management plans and emergency response. The program makes use of existing personnel, resources, and programs to be adaptable to a school’s needs and size.
In order to make the above services economically feasible, the Coconino County Education Service Agency needs to ensure that there is a need to sell services in each occupation to the schools for the above disciplines. It is imperative that the CCESA office receive hard data, such as number of projected days needed per school as determined by IEP’s when appropriate, by July 31, 2018.
Please use the Request for Special Education Services Form (PDF). Schools that might be uncertain about their projected needs might consider cost-sharing some services with neighboring schools.